You may have noticed something. I’m blogging more frequently now.
For the past several years, I have sent you a productivity tip every other Tuesday. Now, I can’t let a week pass by without reaching out to you.
It’s part of how I am dealing with this crisis. Thank you for your indulgence.
I also decided that I needed a pandemic project.
I’ve had so much support for my pandemic project, Captain Corona and the 19 COVID Warriors. Thank you to the team.
I have a fun announcement, but first, an update:
Here’s what we’ve done so far:
- The book was written by me, edited by Julie Bestry, and illustrated by Brittany Curry IN TEN DAYS
- The PDF is available for free to anyone who wants to download it
- I recorded a video of me reading the book (thank you Zoom)
- With help from Jen Dangelo, we made the book into an animated movie, and Akil Johnson did an outstanding job voicing it
- My daughter, Maddie, made some downloadable thank you memes/cards
- Thanks to Marjorie Young, there has been some impressive local press coverage, including a front page story in my hometown newspaper, the Savannah Morning News
Yup. Slap me upside the head and call me Shirley, this pandemic project has made it to the online pages of People Magazine.
Right above The Royal Family, I might add.
And, hand-in-hand with LeVar Burton. I’m speechless.
My darling husband’s comment, “Hey honey, you’re the only non-celebrity on their homepage right now. That’s awesome!” He means well. I love him. Truly.
I may have no speaking engagements.
I may be stuck in the house.
I may be worried about the future of my business.
I may be deluding myself that anyone is reading this.
But, Captain Corona and the 19 COVID Warriors is on People.com, baby. I hope it helps a few more people deal with these crazy times.
That’s pretty cool.
Melissa Gratias (pronounced “Gracious”) used to think that productivity was a result of working long hours. And, she worked a lot of hours. Then, she learned that productivity is a skill set, not a personality trait. Now, Melissa is a productivity expert who coaches and trains other businesspeople to be more focused, balanced, and effective. She is a prolific writer and speaker who travels the world helping people change how they work and improve how they live. Contact her at email@example.com or 912-417-2505. Sign up to receive her productivity tips via email.