At the end of summer, parents everywhere have carefully planned and purchased the supplies, clothing, and equipment their children need for the new school year.
Do you do the same thing for your business, professional and personal development? Take this opportunity to examine how well you are equipped to accomplish your goals and objectives.
Below is a Back to Business supplies list. Check it out and see if you have any “shopping” to do.
Essential supplies for the organized and successful person:
- One List of Active Projects – allows for good communication with others about your priorities.
- One “Discuss with my Boss” folder – a place to save and store non-urgent questions and communication pieces so you can avoid multiple interruptions.
- One Calendar – containing your business and personal appointments (preferably on the same calendar).
- One To-Do List – For me, Outlook Tasks is a lifesaver. For others, a spiral steno pad is the central location for action items.
- One Working Files Drawer – a holding tank for hard copy action items that are on your to-do list, active project folders, and meeting folders. This is the secret to keeping your desk surface clear.
- One Appointment with Yourself on Your Calendar Each Week – this is your planning and organizing time.
- One Scheduled Opportunity for Professional Growth and Development – this could be a conference, training course, or other developmental activity.
Have fun with your Back to Business shopping.
Are you ready to prioritize tasks, address time challenges, and master your information?
Buy the Crazy Productive series and you will receive all six books at a discounted price.
Melissa Gratias (pronounced “Gracious”) used to think that productivity was a result of working long hours. And, she worked a lot of hours. Then, she learned that productivity is a skill set, not a personality trait. Now, Melissa is a productivity expert who coaches and trains other businesspeople to be more focused, balanced, and effective. She is a prolific writer and speaker who travels the world helping people change how they work and improve how they live. Contact her at email@example.com or 912-417-2505. Sign up to receive her productivity tips via email.